Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Things I am Learning!



So each week I receive baby growth and development updates from babycenter.com. I really look forward to reading these so I can have some grasp on all the changes they are going through. But this week...well...I wish I hadn't read! There I am reading along about facial movements, neural proliferation and thumb sucking when I came across this line:

"His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him -- a process he'll keep up until birth."


Um, excuse me, what? Since when is it okay to pee where you sleep? And worse yet, since when has it been "okay'ed" to pee in somebody while they are giving you free rent, 8-10 square meals a day, and they even exercise for you?! How rude!

I know, I know, some of you "mothers" will tell me this is all part of the development of my precious baby and I should be thankful that he/she has proper kidney function...BUT...Did I mention the kid was peeing in me?

The things I am learning!

4 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! The things you wish you never knew. For what its worth the amniotic fluid changes out every 4 hours (baby house cleaning) and that is why you are so thirsty all the time. :) I am glad to see you have entered the blogging world again. Congratualtions! On blogging and little tuna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!
    LOL!! There are other fun things they can do in there too, but I'll save those for you for another day. I don't want Little Tuna to feel too unwelcome right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want you to know I have given up on your blog. Ya Bum!

    ReplyDelete